STERLING SILVER® BEEF POT ROAST
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Expert
- 1 pound (454 grams) Sterling Silver® boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 teaspoon (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325° F (163°C).
- Heat a heavy Dutch oven on top of the stove over medium-high.
- Add oil and sear meat in the center of the pan for 4 minutes. Turn meat over with tongs; sear all sides for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove meat from pan.
- Arrange onion, garlic and 1 bay leaf in the bottom of the pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Return meat to pan, place remaining bay leaf on top of meat and cover.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 325° F (163°C). Reduce the heat to 300° F (149°C) and continue cooking for 1½ hours.
- Remove roast to a platter to rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice, and top with onions and gravy.