STERLING SILVER® SESAME PEPPER STIR-FRY
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Intermediate
- 1 pound (454 grams) Sterling Silver® beef top sirloin steak (boneless), or Top round steak, cut ¾ inch (1.9 cm) thick, or flank steak
- ½ cup (120 mL) prepared Asian-sesame dressing, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced garlic
- 2½ cups (600 mL) snow peas
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Cut steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into ⅛- to ¼-inch (3.2 to 6.3 mm) thick strips.
- Combine ¼ cup (60 mL) dressing and garlic in medium bowl. Add beef; toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high until hot.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Add half of beef to same skillet; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink (do not overcook). Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Return snow peas and beef to skillet; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with rice, if desired.