Brisket & Seasoning Instructions
- Ground seasoning ingredients together, rub on meat and sear.
- Trim the meat and season with the dry salt rub. Sear evenly on all sides, set aside to rest.
- Pre heat oven to 350° for 15 minutes.
- Rub the veal bones with tomato paste and roast until oven brown, remove scrap and place in the skillet.
- Place all the ingredients in the skillet with the meat as well as beef stock and cold water, let cook for 3 hours until tender, remove and strain the broth. Ensure the brisket is cooked until its internal temperature reaches 145°F as determined by an instant-read meat thermometer for medium doneness.
- Place the broth on the stove and reduce until thick and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pull the meat evenly and set into the broth.
- In a separate pan, roast the green parts of the leeks until burnt. Finely grind into a dust and use as a garnish.
- Melt the butter, add the Chinese five spice and evenly coat the chanterelle mushrooms until soft and tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
White Bean Puree Instructions
- Sauté the onions in olive oil and bacon grease until golden brown and then puree all ingredients. Serve warm.