STERLING SILVER® CREAMY SHERRY STROGANOFF
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Beginner
- 1 pound Sterling Silver® ground round beef
- ¼ cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, water, salt and pepper. Shape into approximately 16 meatballs, 1½ inch each.
- Place meatballs on rack in broiler pan. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink and an internal temperature of 160°F is reached on a meat thermometer. Reserve.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until they begin to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Add sherry to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the meatballs and heavy cream. Simmer until sauce has thickened.
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over egg noodles.